Renewal Pediatric Advanced Life Support Class
The American Heart Association’s PALS Course is an Instructor-led, classroom-based course that enhances healthcare providers’ skills in the treatment of pediatric arrest and periarrest patients. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
The course uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to teach and reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics.
• Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
• 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
• Management of respiratory emergencies
• Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
• Vascular access
• Resuscitation team concept
• Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
• Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
The PALS Course is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. These include personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Location : Houston Center
12727 Featherwood Dr Suite 104
Attend this event?Registrations are now closed