ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
acls classes in Houston
• Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
• Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED).
• Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest.
• Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia.
• Airway management.
• Related pharmacology.
• Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke.
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team.
• Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 10-12 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing. Renewal Course requires approximately 5-6 hours, including skills practice and skills testing.
*course time based on 1 instructor: 10 students & 2 manikins
Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
• Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skillssimulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
• Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
Course Completion Card
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test, students receive an ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.
Student Required Materials
90-1014 ACLS Provider Manual, includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set
90-1012 ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set (set of 2)
Is the class accredited by the American Heart Association?
Yes we are AHA approved provider.
What do I need to bring with me for a class?
Just bring a valid ID along with your existing AHA certification (IF RENEWAL)
Do I need to do anything before the ACLS class?
Do I need the provider manual?
Yes, Per AHA all students are required to have their own manual for the class.
What if I am late?
If you are more than 15 minutes late you will be asked to reschedule.
What If I can’t make it?
Don’t worry, As long as you give us a 24 hour notice via phone call, voicemail, email, tweet, or Facebook message you can reschedule at no charge.
where can I get acls certification in Houston. Do you offer onsite classes?
Yes, onsite classes are offered at no trip charge with a minimum of 5 students. We know your time is valuable that’s why on any onsite class if members of your team don’t show up for any reason they will be given a free pass to obtain the certification at our office.
Which book do I need?
The 2010 version.
Can I pay cash for a class?
AClasses need to be paid for 48 hours in advance to secure your seat. If paying cash, Payment would need to be made ASAP to confirm your registration.
Do you speak SPANISH?
YES we offer a Spanish CPR and ACLS class at our Houston office.